Liverpool vs Rangers FC
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 04 October 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Anfield (Liverpool, England)
For this Group A match of UEFA Champions League, Liverpool welcomes the away team; Rangers at Anfield. The host is currently holding second place in the group with three points while visitors are now in lost place and have yet to earn a point. Despite being overwhelming favorites for this game, Liverpool is currently on a terrible run having won just one of their last four games overall. In contrast, Rangers has won two straight games in the Scottish Premiership, scoring six goals while allowing just one and they appear to be finding their form again.
Liverpool vs Rangers Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Liverpool previously played Rangers, and the English team prevailed in that game.
- For Liverpool, Brazilian forward Roberto Firmino has had a strong start to the year. The 31-year-old has so far contributed to eight goals in the league.
- Mohamed Salah, Liverpool’s star forward, has had a subpar season this time around. The international player from Egypt has contributed to five league goals.
- Antonio Colak, a player from Croatia, has excelled for Rangers. The 29-year-old has eight league goals to his credit.
- James Tavernier, a Rangers right back, has contributed to six goals thus far this season.
Liverpool vs Rangers Prediction
Liverpool hasn’t performed well this year by their high standards. The team led by Jurgen Klopp has struggled in several games and is presently ranked ninth in the league. The likes of Mohamed Salah, Virgil van Dijk, and Andrew Robertson have not been at their peak thus far.
They are two spots behind Napoli, the group’s top team, in second place. They didn’t play their best against the Serie A heavyweights, so getting a win against Rangers would be crucial for the English team.
On the other hand, Rangers sits second in the Scottish Premiership, two points behind leaders Celtic. They now sit last in their Champions League group after losing their first two games.
In addition to James Tavernier and Ryan Kent, Antonio Colak has had a successful domestic season. With three points separating them from Liverpool and Ajax in their group, Rangers will be motivated to have a successful European campaign.
The team with the best chance of winning is Liverpool.
Liverpool will defeat Rangers by a score of 3-0.
Liverpool vs Rangers Betting Tips
Tip 1: Liverpool to win
Tip 2: Goals: Over 2.5
Tip 3: Salah to score- yes