H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Edin Terzic’s Borussia Dortmund and Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City meet in a decisive match at Signal Iduna Park on Tuesday. The clash is going to be the UEFA Champions League resumes play with a new slate of games.
About the match
Borussia Dortmund vs Manchester City
The UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Signal Iduna Park (Dortmund, Germany)
Borussia Dortmund is struggling this season and is now in fifth position in the Bundesliga rankings. The Ruhr Valley team can become optimistic going into this game after thrashing VfB Stuttgart 5-0 over the weekend.
Manchester City is now in second position in the Premier League rankings. The blues are performing well this year. City are trying to recreate their performance from last Saturday when like they beat Brighton & Hove Albion.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Borussia Dortmund vs Manchester City- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Borussia Dortmund and Manchester City have competed in five matches, with three victories each for Manchester City and one for Borussia Dortmund.
- In the group stage of the 2012–13 season, Borussia Dortmund earned its single victory over Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League by a score of 1-0.
- In the UEFA Champions League, Manchester City is on a three-game winning streak against Borussia Dortmund, winning each game by a score of 2-1.
- Although Manchester City lost their most recent away match against RB Leipzig, they have won 14 of their last 16 UEFA Champions League games against German opponents.
- Borussia Dortmund has only lost two of their last 14 home UEFA Champions League games, however one of those games did end in a loss to Manchester City.
- Only two teams in the UEFA Champions League have yet to give up a goal from open play so far this year, and Manchester City is one of them.
Due to a calf injury, Nico Schlotterbeck was forced to bench in the second half of the match against Stuttgart. The Germany defender is still unlikely to recover in time to play against Man City on Tuesday.
Thomas Meunier, Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, Mateu Morey, Mahmoud Dahoud, and Sebastien Haller are still out and cannot compete. Although Terzic is hoping that Donyell Malen and Marco Reus may be ready again after missing the weekend victory due to illness and a knock, respectively.
England internationals Kyle Walker and Kalvin Phillips are still out with injuries. As a result John Stones rejoined his team’s match-day squad over the weekend and will likely play.
Ilkay Gundogan, the club captain, may start against his previous team after playing as a substitute against Brighton. Phil Foden, Nathan Ake, and Julian Alvarez are also vying for starting positions.
Borussia Dortmund possible starting lineup;
Kobel, Wolf, Sule, Hummels, Guerreiro, Can, Bellingham, Adeyemi, Brandt, Malen, Moukoko
Manchester City possible starting lineup;
Ederson, Akanji, Dias, Ake, Cancelo, Rodri, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Foden, Haaland
Final line up can be seen live at UEFA Champions League official site before the match.
Chelsea vs Manchester United Prediction
We may predict that the result of this game can be set by a sharp ratio, with Guardiola’s team once again edging Dortmund.
In front of his former supporters, Haaland is probably going to act like a man possessed, and that might make all the difference as Man City tries to win Group G.
We say: Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Manchester City
- Tip 1: Manchester City to Win
- Tip 2: Both Team to Score
- Tip 3: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch Borussia Dortmund vs Manchester City match?
For those who are residing in Nepal or outside, the game can be watched directly on 1xbet site (www.1xbet.com).