H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Rayo Vallecano vs Celta Vigo: Rayo Vallecano will play home to Celta Vigo on Thursday, looking to make it four wins in a row after a stunning win over Real Madrid.
In contrast to their hosts, Celta have gone winless in six La Liga games since Carlos Carvahal took over as manager with a 2-1 loss to Osasuna.
About the match
Rayo Vallecano vs Celta Vigo
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2022
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Estadio de Vallecas (Vallecas, Spain)
Rayo Vallecano is now eighth in La Liga and is constantly battling above their weight so far this season. The Vallecans shocked Real Madrid this week with a 3-2 victory and will be optimistic going into this match.
Celta Vigo, on the other hand, is now in 18th position in the league table and has mainly failed to meet expectations this season. The Galicians lost to Osasuna by 2-1 in their previous encounter and will try to rebound this week.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Rayo Vallecano vs Celta Vigo- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Rayo Vallecano has a strong record against Celta Vigo, having won 14 of the last 26 meetings between the two clubs, compared to Celta Vigo’s five victories.
- Rayo Vallecano is winless in their last three La Liga meetings against Celta Vigo, and they have only had one four-game winless streak against the Galicians in their history.
- Rayo Vallecano has won 12 of its 16 La Liga home games against Celta Vigo, their best win percentage against an opponent they have faced at least ten times at Estadio de Vallecas.
- Getafe has only won one of their last 22 La Liga road games against teams from the Madrid region, with their last success coming against Getafe in October 2021.
- Rayo Vallecano has lost three of their past four La Liga games played on Thursdays, conceding five goals in all three defeats.
Despite concerns about Andres Martin‘s fitness, Rayo boss Andoni Iraola is expected to have the majority of his squad available.
Oscar Trejo returned to the starting lineup for the 3-2 win over Real Madrid, and he is anticipated to keep his spot, with Iraola expected to stick with same lineup. Sergio Camello will continue to lead the line for the hosts, and the 21-year-old will try to add to his two goals this season.
Due to injury worries, the visitors are likely to be without the services of Augusto Solari, Hugo Mallo, and Luca de la Torre.
Gabri Veiga may return for this clash after his suspention in Almeria matchup. With seven goals this season, Iago Aspas has led his team in scoring. Thus, he is likely to play alongside in the forward line with Jorgen Strand Larsen.
Rayo Vallecano possible starting lineup;
Dimitrievski, Balliu, Lejeune, Catena, F. Garcia, Comesana, Valetin, Palazon, Trejo, A. Garcia, Camello
Celta Vigo possible starting lineup;
Marchesin, Mingueza, Nunez, Aidoo, Galan, Oscar, Beltran, Veiga, Cervi, Aspas, Larsen
Final line ups can be seen live at La Liga official site before the match starts.
Rayo Vallecano vs Celta Vigo Prediction
Rayo Vallecano has been in great form recently, delivering Real Madrid their first league defeat of the season. Fran Garcia and Isi Palazon have been in fantastic form and will need to step up on Thursday.
Celta Vigo are struggling this season and will need to work hard to avoid relegation. Rayo Vallecano is the better squad right now and should be able to win this game.
We say: Rayo Vallecano 2-1 Celta Vigo
- Tip 1: Rayo Vallecano to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch Rayo Vallecano vs Celta Vigo County match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).