When Atletico Madrid hosts Rayo Vallecano at the Wanda Metropolitano on Tuesday night, they will be attempting to make it four straight La Liga triumphs.
Third-placed Diego Simeone’s team comes into this game off a 1-0 victory over Athletic Bilbao on Saturday, while Rayo’s most recent match ended in a 0-0 draw with Getafe.
Atletico De Madrid vs Rayo Vallecano FC
La Liga Santander
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Metropolitano Stadium (Madrid, Spain)
Atletico have won four straight league games by an aggregate score of 10-2, following the rise of rumors linking long-serving manager Simeone with an exit. Simeone‘s team has won back-to-back away league games, scoring precisely three goals on each occasions. A run of four losses from five La Liga away games (D1) now appears to be a distant memory.
But Atletico can’t afford to start taking itself too seriously. They are now in fourth place in the league rankings, two points ahead of Real Betis in fifth place, whom they recently defeated on the road by a score of 3-1. In spite of being for a long time considered as one of Europe’s greatest defensive teams under Simeone, the defending La Liga champions have only kept one clean sheet in their 14 away league games this season.
With the previous draw, Andoni Iraola’s club burst a six-game losing streak in La Liga and left themselves relatively secure in the battle for survival. With two draws and seven losses out of their nine La Liga games in 2022, Madrid has not been able to defeat a single game this season.
The top division’s Vallecano team has already lost three of its previous four games at the Campo de Futbol de Vallecas by a tie after a perfect start to the season in which they won eight of their first ten home league games and drew two others.
The hosts will rely on their three-game La Liga home record in the Madrilenian derbies, which includes two victories and one tie, while their domestic campaign has been suspended.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Atletico Madrid vs Rayo Vallecano – Head to Head and Key Numbers
- In all competitions, there have been 41 clashes between the two groups. With 23 victories under their belt, Atletico Madrid has thoroughly outclassed their southern opponents. Eight of their meetings with the capital club’s team ended in victories for Rayo Vallecano, while the other ten games were tied.
- In recent meetings against the hosts, Vallecano has struggled and has dropped six straight games without scoring.
- With their most recent victory coming in the 2002 Copa del Rey, the visitors have lost all nine of their previous matches at Metropolitano Stadium.
- In their last five games overall versus Rayo Vallecano, Atletico have averaging under 2.5 goals per game.
- In La Liga, Rayo Vallecano has lost its last three away games, while Atletico Madrid has had mixed results in its four home games so far this season.
- Six of Rayo Vallecano’s ten La Liga goals have come in away contests. On the other hand, they have also given up eight of their 12 goals so far this season on the road.
- Curiously, Atletico Madrid has not been able to maintain a clean sheet at home this season, but they have done it four times in their last five La Liga away games.
Atletico are going to play without Marcos Llorente and Felipe on Tuesday night due to injury, and Jan Oblak is questionable after sustaining a concussion last time out against Athletic. Before this game, Oblak will need to be evaluated, but no chances will be taken, so it wouldn’t be shocking to see the 29-year-old sit this one out.
Alvaro Morata may likely once again partner with Griezmann in the front two, but there may be changes on Tuesday across the board, including the potential replacement of Rodrigo de Paul by Angel Correa.
Regarding Rayo, Ruben de Tomas is still out owing to a groin issue, and Andres Martin will likely be out once more because of a shoulder issue.
However, the visitors did not have any new fitness issues against Getafe, thus head coach Iraola is anticipated to have the same team at his disposal for this game.
Unai Lopez might be inserted into the lineup to freshen up the midfield, and Radamel Falcao might replace Sergio Camello in the last third of the field.
Atletico Madrid possible starting lineup;
Gbric, Molina, Savic, Gimenez, Reinildo, Correa, Koke, Kondogbia, Lemar, Griezmann, Morata
Rayo Vallecano possible starting lineup;
Dimitrievski, Balliu, Lejeune, Catena, F Garcia, Valetin, U Lopez, Palazon, Trejo, A Garcia, Falcao
Final line ups can be seen live at La Liga official site before the match starts.
Atletico Madrid vs Rayo Vallecano Prediction
However, it is always risky to bet against Atletico at Wanda Metropolitano, and we are anticipating the Red and Whites to secure all three points by a score of 2-0. Rayo drew at Barcelona earlier this season and are undoubtedly capable of picking up a positive result in this match.
We say: Atletico Madrid 2-0 Rayo Vallecano
Tip 1: Atletico Madrid to win
Tip 2: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch Atletico Madrid vs Rayo Vallecano match?
For those who are residing in Nepal or outside, the game can be watched directly on 1xbet site (www.1xbet.com).