When Valencia visits Estadio Ramon on Tuesday night, Jorge Sampaoli intends to expand on his successful start as Sevilla’s manager.
On Saturday, Sevilla beat Mallorca 1-0 in La Liga, while Valencia being held to a 2-2 draw at home by bottom-of-the-table Elche. Sevilla will enter this match off of that victory.
Sevilla FC vs Valencia CF
La Liga Santander
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán (Sevilla, Spain)
Nemanja Gudelj’s incredible goal grants Sevilla a victory over Mallorca on the road, and they now try to continue moving up the standings when they take on Valencia in an important La Liga match. Since Jorge Sampaoli takes over, Los Sevillanos have played much better, therefore it is understandable that bettors have set them as the favorites to defeat los Che in front of their own supporters.
While Kerim Rekik and Jesus Corona are still in the recovery room, wing-back Marcos Acuna could get on to the starting lineup. On the other hand, the visitors currently planning on veteran attacker Edinson Cavani after he his twice score in a 2-2 tie with Elche. In any case, a home victory should be taken into account because Valencia has lost to Sevilla in each of their last four meetings at Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. The only players missing from the away team should be Samu Castillejo and Jaume Domenech.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Sevilla vs Valencia- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Sevilla have a slight edge over Valencia and already have winning record of 22 out of the last 51 matches played between the two teams.
- In all competitions, Sevilla has faced Valencia without losing in 20 of their last 22 games. This week, they hope to continue this streak.
- Valencia has at least two goals in each of their previous four La Liga games and has discovered their shooting form under Gennaro Gattuso.
- This season, Sevilla has yet to win in a La Liga team playing at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, and in two of those four games, the team has unable to score a goal.
- This week, Sevilla can try to extend their winning streak against Valencia, who they have not yet lost to in five La Liga games.
- In his four games for Valencia this season, Edinson Cavani has managed two goals and one assist. He will start at center against Sevilla.
Karim Rekik and Jesus Manuel Corona are both going to be out for Sevilla on Tuesday due to injury, and Fernando‘s health is still in question for the home team. Jose Angel Carmona might potentially start against Valencia after Jesus Navas had to be removed at halftime of the match against Mallorca.
Cavani is a major doubt for this match due to the problem that took him off the field against Elche on Saturday, and he had to be substituted at halftime against Valencia.
Hugo Duro could be the attacking captain for the visiting team since Samu Castillejo and Jaume Domenech are going to be absent with injuries. However, Valencia could take advantage from the return of two players as Marcos Andre and Mouctar Diakhaby, who both suffered suspensions against Elche, are now available.
Sevilla possible starting lineup;
Bono, Montiel, Nianzou, Marcao, Carmona, Rakitic, Gudelj, Acuna, Torres, Lamela, Isco
Valencia possible starting lineup;
Mamardashvili, Correia, Paulista, Comert, Gaya, Musah, Nico, Almeida, Kluvet, Duro, Lino
Final line ups can be seen live at La Ligaofficial site before the match starts.
Sevilla vs Valencia Prediction
Valencia is gradually improving this season under Gennaro Gattuso and is now intent on securing their spot in Europe. After last week’s good performance against Elche, Edinson Cavani is aiming to increase his goal total in this match.
Sevilla is now going through a challenging transition and may need to deal with a number of challenges in the coming weeks. Valencia is one of the superior squad this year and should be able to avle in this match.
We say: Sevilla 1-2 Valencia
Tip 1: Valencia to win
Tip 2: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch Sevilla vs Valencia match?
For those who are residing in Nepal or outside, the game can be watched directly on 1xbet site (www.1xbet.com).