H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Chelsea vs Arsenal: On Sunday at noon, an exciting Premier League London derby between Chelsea and Arsenal will bring together former rivals and coworkers at Stamford Bridge.
Both teams come into the match off of victories on foreign soil: the Gunners advanced to the round of 16 in the Europa League, while the Blues defeated Dinamo Zagreb by a score of 2-1 in the Champions League.
About the match
Chelsea vs Arsenal
The English Premier League
Date: Sunday, November 06, 2022
Kick-off at 13:00 UK/ 14:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge (London, England)
Chelsea is struggling this season and is now in sixth place in the league rankings. After suffering a shocking 4-1 loss to Brighton & Hove Albion the previous week, the Blues will need to win this game.
On the other hand, Arsenal is currently leading the Premier League standings and has performing above expectations thus far this year. The Gunners destroyed Nottingham Forest by a score of 5-0 in their last league contest, and they’ll try to repeat that performance this weekend.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Chelsea vs Arsenal- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- With 205 games played between the two sides, Arsenal has a strong record versus Chelsea and has won 81 of those games, compared to Chelsea’s 66 wins.
- In their last four Premier League meetings versus Arsenal, Chelsea has dropped three of the games, which is more losses than they had in the previous 17 matches combined.
- Against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Arsenal has won its last two games, giving them as many victories in away Premier League games as they had in the 16 games prior to this run.
- Emile Smith Rowe, Bukayo Saka, and Eddie Nketiah all scored two goals in Arsenal’s most recent Premier League match against Chelsea, giving the Gunners their sixth straight victory.
- Arsenal’s finest run in the Premier League has been four victories in a row over the London derby.
- For the first time since 2013, Arsenal has won four straight London derbies in the Premier League.
- The Blues’ loss to Brighton marked the first time since 2020 that they have dropped two straight Premier League matches.
Ben Chilwell had to leave the game against Zagreb due to a hamstring injury, adding to Chelsea’s defensive absences from long-term knee injuries Wesley Fofana and Reece James, as well as midfielders N’Golo Kante (thigh) and Carney Chukwuemeka (hamstring).
Chilwell won’t be present this weekend, though Chelsea and England supporters will have to wait for the findings of a scan after seeing the left-back hobbling off the field.
Edouard Mendy will continue to play in goal, and Mateo Kovacic, who missed the midweek match as a precaution due to a tight calf, should be okay to return to the engine room. Potter has already ruled Kepa Arrizabalaga out of contention.
As for Arsenal, fans saw the painful yet recognizable sight of Takehiro Tomiyasu leaving the game with an injury in the closing seconds of the victory over Zurich. Although it’s unclear how serious the defender’s muscular problem is, it would be surprising to see him start this game.
Oleksandr Zinchenko was finally back in the lineup after a problematic calf injury, and Saka was able to play in the Europa League after only suffering a minor injury against Nottingham Forest.
Tierney‘s man-of-the-match performance prevented Zinchenko from playing, which has given Arteta some food for thought. However, if Zinchenko is considered healthy enough to start, his potential to assist overload the midfield may eventually win out.
Chelsea possible starting lineup;
Mendy, Chalobah, Silva, Koulibaly, Loftus-Cheek, Jorginho, Kovacic, Cucurella, Mount, Aubameyang, Sterling
Arsenal possible starting lineup;
Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Xhaka, Partey, Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Jesus
Final line ups can be seen live at Premier Leagueofficial site before the match starts.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Prediction
Arsenal has been playing well this year and is in a good position to finish in the top four. This season, the Gunners will be determined to compete with Manchester City, and this weekend they may strengthen their case for the crown.
Graham Potter’s Chelsea are currently struggling and have yet to go on a regular winning streak. Arsenal is currently the superior team and is in a superior position coming into this match.
We say: Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal
- Tip 1: Arsenal to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch Chelsea vs Arsenal match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).