H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Manchester City vs Brentford: Manchester City will return to the top of the Premier League table, although for a few hours, if they beat Brentford at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday lunchtime.
Meanwhile, the Bees must pull off an upset against the defending Premier League winners if they are to enter the World Cup break in the top half of the table.
About the match
Manchester City vs Brentford
The English Premier League
Date: Wednesday, November 09, 2022
Kick-off at 13:30 UK/ 14:30 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium (London, England)
Manchester City, are currently second in the league table and in excellent form. The hosts defeated Chelsea 2-0 in the Carabao Cup earlier this week and will be confident going into this match.
Brentford on the other hand, are currently 11th in the Premier League standings and have been inconsistent this season. The Bees were held to a 2-2 draw by Nottingham Forest in their previous league game and will look to improve this weekend.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Manchester City vs Brentford- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Manchester City has a solid record against Brentford, having won nine of the 15 meetings between the two clubs, compared to Brentford’s five wins.
- Manchester City claimed the Premier League double over Brentford last season and have never won three straight games against the Bees in the competition.
- Brentford have only won one of their last five away league games against Manchester City, with their previous success coming in 1937 by a 2-0 scoreline.
- Manchester City are on an 11-match winning streak at home in the Premier League, their longest such run in the division since the 2017-18 season. Brentford are one of just four Premier League sides yet to win away from home this season.
Guardiola is anticipated to make numerous changes to the team that defeated Chelsea, including attacker Erling Braut Haaland, who was an unused substitute in midweek.
Despite an impressive performance in goal against the Blues, Stefan Ortega is expected to be replaced by first-choice goalkeeper Ederson, with John Stones, Manuel Akanji, Nathan Ake, and Joao Cancelo– both of whom is available after serving a one-match ban – forming the back four.
Brentford will be without Pontus Jansson (hamstring), Aaron Hickey, Thomas Strakosha (both ankle), Kristoffer Ajer, Charlie Goode (both knee), Vitaly Janelt and Shandon Baptiste (both muscle) due to injuries.
Mathias Jensen, Christian Norgaard, and Josh Dasilva could form a three-man midfield, while Cameroon‘s Bryan Mbeumo is likely to join Toney in attack.
Manchester City possible starting lineup;
Ederson, Stones, Akanji, Ake, Cancelo, De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan, Bernardo, Haaland, Foden
Southampton possible starting lineup;
Raya, Jorgensen, Mee, Pinnock, Roerslev, Jensen, Norgaard, Dasilva, Henry, Mbeumo, Toney
Final line ups can be seen live at Premier League official site before the match starts.
Manchester City vs Brentford Prediction
Man City came away with all three points after dominating both meetings with Brentford last season, and the Citizens will be heavy favorites to win again at the Etihad this Saturday.
The Bees have been weak defensively in previous away games, and chances of keeping a clean sheet against Guardiola’s side are slim, especially if goal machine Haaland returns.
We say: Manchester City 3-1 Brentford
- Tip 1: Manchester City to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch Manchester City vs Brentford match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).