H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Newcastle United vs Chelsea: The Premier League resumes to this weekend. Newcastle United taking on Graham Potter’s Chelsea in a vital match at St. James’ Park on Saturday.
About the match
Newcastle United vs Chelsea
The English Premier League
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2022
Kick-off at 18:30 UK/ 19:30 CET
Venue: St. James’ Park (Newcastle upon Tyne, England)
Newcastle United are now third in the Premier League rankings and have constantly punched above their weight under Eddie Howe. The Magpies defeated Southampton 4-1 in their previous league game and will seek to repeat the feat this weekend.
Chelsea, on the other hand, is now seventh in the league rankings and has struggled to match expectations this season. The Blues were knocked out of the Carabao Cup earlier this week. Thus they will need to bounce back in this game.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Newcastle United vs Chelsea- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Chelsea has a solid record against Newcastle United, having won 78 of the 171 matches played between the two teams, compared to 54 triumphs for Newcastle United.
- Newcastle United have lost three of their past four Premier League matches against Chelsea, equaling the number of defeats they had suffered in the 14 league games preceding this sequence.
- Chelsea has won seven of their previous eight Premier League meetings against Newcastle United, and they have not conceded a goal in their last four.
- Newcastle United is playing a game while in the top three of the Premier League for the first time since 2011; they lost their previous such game 3-1 against Manchester City.
- Chelsea have lost their previous two Premier League games, equaling the number of defeats they have suffered in the 15 league games preceding this sequence.
On Saturday evening, Newcastle will be without Alexander Isak, Ryan Fraser, Matt Ritchie, Emil Krafth, and Paul Dummett due to injury, while Callum Wilson is questionable due to illness.
Howe made a lot of changes for the EFL Cup match against Palace on Wednesday, but Bruno Guimaraes, Kieran Trippier, Sven Botman, Miguel Almiron, Joe Willock, and Fabian Schar will all return to the starting lineup for this game.
Joelinton was suspended against Southampton in the league last weekend, but he is available for this encounter and is anticipated to start ahead of Jacob Murphy in the final third of the field.
Kepa Arrizabalaga is also doubtful due to a foot issue, while Jorginho is still out with the ailment that kept him out against Manchester City in the EFL Cup.
Potter is expected to make changes from Wednesday’s game, with Raheem Sterling, Mason Mount, Kai Havertz, Thiago Silva, and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang all set to return.
Chelsea may opt for a back four for this encounter, with Cesar Azpilicueta filling in at right-back and Trevoh Chalobah starting alongside Thiago Silva in the midfield.
Newcastle United possible starting lineup;
Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn, S Longstaff, Guimaraes, Willock, Joelinton, Wilson, Almiron
Chelsea possible starting lineup;
Mendy, Azpilicueta, Chalobah, T Silva, Cucurella, Loftus-Cheek, Kovaviv, Sterling, Havertz, Mount, Aubameyang
Final line ups can be seen live at Premier Leagueofficial site before the match starts.
Newcastle United vs Chelsea Prediction
Although City may have lost their grip on this competition last year, they should be thrilled on Wednesday when the final whistle blows, even though neither manager should start their strongest lineups for this vital EFL Cup match.
We anticipate the hosts to secure their place in the fourth round because Guardiola‘s team has only ever known how to win at the Etihad, whereas Chelsea has yet to figure out how to win against their domestic rivals.
We say: Newcastle United 1-2 Chelsea
- Tip 1: Chelsea to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 1.5
Where to watch Newcastle United vs Chelsea match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).