H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Manchester United vs Sheriff Tiraspol: Manchester United will try to secure at least one point against Sheriff Tiraspol in Group E. Only one point seems enough to advance to the Europa League knockout stages for the Reds.
The Red Devils are three points behind Real Sociedad in second place, while the Moldovan visitors to Old Trafford are third in the group with only one win.
About the match
Manchester United vs Sheriff Tiraspol
The UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, October 27, 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford (Great Manchester, England)
FC Sheriff are currently top of the Moldovan National Division and have stepped up to the plate this season on the domestic front. The visitors were defeated 1-0 by Petrocub last week and will need to work hard to recover in this game.
Manchester United, on the other hand, is currently sixth in the Premier League table, having improved after a slow start to the season. The Red Devils drew 1-1 with Chelsea in their previous game and will need to up their game this week.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Manchester United vs Sheriff Tiraspol- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Manchester United has a predictable excellent record against FC Sheriff, winning the only match between the two teams by a 2-0 margin.
- Manchester United’s game against FC Sheriff last month was their first competitive game against a Moldovan team on the European stage.
- Moldovan teams have no winning record over English teams on the European stage.
- Manchester United have only lost one of their last 20 UEFA Europa League matches at Old Trafford, but they did lose at home this season to Real Sociedad.
- FC Sheriff have lost their last three UEFA Europa League matches and have failed to score in each of these games.
- Manchester United has 75 sequences of more than 10 passes in the UEFA Europa League this season, which is tied for the competition lead with Arsenal.
Raphael Varane is not unavailable for United until after the World Cup, according to ten Hag. Anthony Martial‘s injury status remains unknown.
Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo has arrived to the squad following a breach of discipline. Captain Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, and Donny van de Beek have returned to training, but the game is likely too soon for them.
As of Sheriff, Armel Zohouri is in suspension, but Iyayi Atiemwen and Moussa Kyabou are seems to be available.
Manchester United possible starting lineup;
De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Fernandes, Sancho, Rashford
Sheriff Tiraspol possible starting lineup;
Celeadnic, Kiki, Radeljic, Kpozo, Guedes, Badolo, Salifu, Heron, Akanbi, Vizeu, Atiemwen
Final line ups can be seen live at UEFA Europa League official site before the match starts.
Manchester Unitred vs Sheriff Tiraspol Prediction
Manchester United has made progress under Erik ten Hag and they are looking to win a trophy this season. The Red Devils have a strong squad at their fingertips and a chance to prove themselves this week.
FC Sheriff can deliver a punch on their day, but they need to play out of their skins in this game. But Manchester United is the superior team and should be able to win this game.
We say: Manchester United 2-0 Sheriff Tiraspol
- Tip 1: Manchester United to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 1.5
Where to watch Manchester United vs Sheriff Tiraspol match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).