H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
PSV vs Arsenal: Arsenal fly to the Netherlands on Thursday night to face PSV Eindhoven. The away team need only one point to secure first place in Europa League Group A. The Gunners have a five-point lead over their Dutch opponents.
About the match
PSV Eindhoven vs Arsenal
The UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, October 27, 2022
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Philips Staduim (Eindhoven, Netherlands)
PSV Eindhoven is currently second in the Eredivisie standings and is performing quite impressive this season. With shocking loss to Gronningen by 4-2 in their previous game, the host need to recover fully in this match.
Arsenal, on the other hand, is currently atop the Premier League table and have outstanding performances this season. In the previous game, The Gunners ended the match by 1-1 draw with Southampton and they will need to step up this week.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
PSV Eindhoven vs Arsenal- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Arsenal has a good record against PSV Eindhoven, having win record of three among seven meetings between the two teams, while PSV Eindhoven has only one winning record.
- After Losing to Arsenal by 1 goal, PSV Eindhoven may try to avoid consecutive European defeats for the first time since 2019.
- Arsenal has won their last three European competition matches while keeping clean sheets in all of them.
- PSV Eindhoven have four shots stats against Arsenal in their away fixture, their fewest in all competitions since November 2016.
- Arsenal has scored at least once in each of their last 16 European competition matches, and they have won 11 of them.
- Granit Xhaka of Arsenal may create his 50th appearance in the UEFA Europa League, becoming only the second Swiss player to do so after David Degen.
Noni Madueke is in concern for a starting spot, with his appearance off the bench in North London his first of the season following a serious injury.
Luuk de Jong was also managed to bring on and maybe hope for a bigger role, while highly-rated Cody Gakpo, who has been linked with Arsenal, need to deliver for PSV if they are to get the three points they need.
Arteta is likely to name a strong team as he attempts to turn next week’s home match against Zurich into a dead rubber, especially given that it comes just a few days before a trip to Stamford Bridge.
Oleksandr Zinchenko is still a major doubt, and Emile Smith Rowe and Mohamed Elneny are both out for the season, but the Gunners have no other major injury concerns.
Eddie Nketiah, Matt Turner, and Albert Sambi Lokonga should return, with Arteta also likely to call on Gabriel Martinelli and Granit Xhaka.
PSV Eindhoven possible starting lineup;
Benitez, Mwene, Ramalho, Obispo, Max, Veerman, Sangare, Gutierrez, Simons, Til, Gakpo
Arsenal possible starting lineup;
Turner, Tomiyasu, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Xhaka, Lokogna, Saka, Vieira, Martinelli, Nketiah
Final line ups can be seen live at UEFA Europa Leagueofficial site before the match starts.
PSV Eindhoven vs Arsenal Prediction
PSV’s attacking prowess was non-existent last week, whether due to the intimidating Emirates atmosphere or a fear of committing too many bodies forward against a free-flowing Arsenal, but it should be a different story at their Philips Stadion fortress.
Given their recent failure to convert their dominance into goals, we are cautious to back an altered Arsenal side to take all three points here, but Arteta’s men should hold on for the draw securing their place in the last 16.
We say: PSV Eindhoven 1-2 Arsenal
- Tip 1: Arsenal to Win
- Tip 2: Both Team to Score
- Tip 3: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch PSV Eindhoven vs Arsenal match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).