H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Real Sociedad vs Manchester United: Real Sociedad and Manchester United face off at the Anoeta Stadium on Thursday night for a chance to advance further in the Europa League.
Imanol Alguacil’s team leads the Red Devils by three points, and all they need to do is avoid losing at home to send the visitors to a playoff tie for the elimination stage.
About the match
Real Sociedad vs Manchester United
The UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, November 03, 2022
Kick-off at 18:45 UK/ 19:45 CET
Venue: Estadio Anoeta (San Sebastian, Spain)
Real Sociedad, who are now ranked fifth in La Liga, have looked impressive so far this season. The host team needs to improve in this game after suffering a discouraging 2-0 loss to Real Betis over the weekend.
After a difficult start to the season, Manchester United is currently in fifth place in the Premier League rankings. In their most recent match, the Red Devils beat West Ham United by a tight 1-0 score. This week, they’ll attempt to up the game.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Real Sociedad vs Manchester United- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Real Sociedad has a minor advantage over Manchester United in European competitions, and Manchester United has won two of the five games played between the two teams, compared to Real Sociedad’s one win.
- The rematch saw Real Sociedad defeat Manchester United for the first time in European competition, and they also scored their first ever goal against the Red Devils.
- Manchester United’s last two European games against Spanish opposition have ended in defeat, first to Atletico Madrid in the previous campaign and then to Real Sociedad this campaign.
- Real Sociedad is victorious in each of its last two home matches in the UEFA Europa League, matching the number of victories they had earned in their previous 10 such matches.
- In their last seven away games in the UEFA Europa League, Manchester United has lost six times while scoring an incredible 19 goals.
- This season, Real Sociedad has completed 61 high recoveries in the UEFA Europa League, more than any other team.
A full treatment room has recently coincided with Sociedad’s performance decline. Mikel Oyarzabal, Umar Sadiq, Mohamed-Ali Cho, David Silva, and Ander Martin are all likely to miss the match against Manchester United. Takefusa Kubo may be unable to play for Real Sociedad due to a shoulder injury.
Raphael Varane and Aaron Wan-Bissaka are likely to be missing from the trip, where Ten Hag is set to choose a strong team. Anthony Martial is back in training for United after recently experiencing a back issue.
Real Sociedad possible starting lineup;
Remiro, Gorosabel, Zubeldia, Pacheco, Rico, Merino, Zubimendi, Guevara, Mendez, Sorloth, Fernandez
Manchester United possible starting lineup;
De Gea, Dalot, Martinez, Maguire, Shaw, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Fernandes, Rashford, Ronaldo
Final line ups can be seen live at UEFA Europa League official site before the match starts.
Real Sociedad vs Manchester United Prediction
Since the beginning of the season, Manchester United is making significant progress and is following Ten Hag’s instructions. The likes of Antony and Lisandro Martinez, who have shown ability so far in this, aim to make an impression this week.
This season, Real Sociedad clearly shows glimpses of brilliance but recent weeks have experienced a slight decline. Going into this game, Manchester United has a minor advantage due to their current better record.
We say: Real Sociedad 0-2 Manchester United
- Tip 1: Manchester United to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 1.5
Where to watch Real Sociedad vs Manchester United match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).