H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Arsenal vs FC Zurich: Arsenal will try to secure first place in Group A when FC Zurich visits the Emirates on Thursday night after missing one chance to clinch qualification for the Europa League’s last-16.
Despite last week’s 2-0 loss to PSV Eindhoven, Mikel Arteta’s team is still in top place in the division, while their Swiss counterparts can only hope to make it as far as the Europa Conference League.
About the match
Arsenal vs FC Zurich
The UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, November 03, 2022
Kick-off at 21:00 UK/ 22:00 CET
Venue: Emirates Stadium (London, England)
FC Zurich is at the bottom of both the Swiss Super League and the UEFA Europa League table. The away team beat Sion to earn a vital 1-0 victory over the weekend. And now they’ll need to put forward a lot of effort to repeat that performance in this match.
On the other side, Arsenal is now in first place in the Premier League and is performing better than expectations this year. To win their group this week, the Gunners must recover from a 2-0 loss to PSV Eindhoven in their previous Europa League match.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Arsenal vs FC Zurich- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- The single match between Arsenal and FC Zurich has ended in a close 2-1 victory for the Gunners, who have a strong record against FC Zurich.
- The most games against a single nation that Arsenal has played while keeping a perfect record is seven meetings against Swiss opponents on the European stage. Arsenal has won all seven of those games.
- FC Zurich has suffering defeats in each of its five away defeats to English opponents in the European competition, giving up a total of 15 goals.
- Arsenal has win its previous five group stage home games in European tournaments and has lost just one of their last 19 such games.
- In their past 17 away matches in European tournaments, FC Zurich have only managed one victory, which came against AEK Larnaca in 2018.
- The last three home European games for Arsenal have all ended in clean sheets, their longest streak since 2019.
Reiss Nelson, a two-goal substitute, should fill in on the right for the time being as Arsenal are reportedly hopeful that the foot injury Bukayo Saka suffered in the victory over Nottingham Forest is not serious. The 21-year-old might even return for the trip to Chelsea.
Emile Smith Rowe is still missing. But Mohamed Elneny has overcome from a serious hamstring injury. Granit Xhaka is suspended, the Egyptian would likely require more time to catch up, putting Arteta in a difficult spot.
As for Zurich, Mirlaid Kryeziu, Ilan Sauter, Blerim Dzemaili, Donis Avdijaj, and Miguel Reichmuth are out due to domestic suspensions. But Fabian Rohner is likely to rejoin the team.
The only change Henriksen made to his side from the one that beat Bodo/Glimt well over weekend was the substitution of Marchesano for the injured Dzemaili.
Karol Mets is on standby as a precaution after ex-Rangers defender Nikola Katic left the game against Sion with an undisclosed injury.
Arsenal possible starting lineup;
Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Odegaard, Lokonga, Vieira, Nelson, Nketiah, Martinelli
FC Zurich possible starting lineup;
Brecher, Mets, Aliti, Kamberi, Boranijasevic, Selnaes, Conde, Guerrero, Marchesano, Okita, Tosin
Final line ups can be seen live at UEFA Europa League official site before the match starts.
Arsenal vs FC Zurich Prediction
Zurich should still show to be a challenging opponent for Arsenal, whose victory over the Swiss giants in September was not exactly convincing. Zurich still has something to play for and is encouraged by their recent pair of victories after such a terrible run in the late summer.
At their Emirates headquarters, Arteta’s revolving team won’t likely face any difficulty, so they can improve on their convincing performance from the weekend to advance to the round of 16.
We say: Arsenal 3-1 FC Zurich
- Tip 1: Arsenal to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 2.5
Where to watch Arsenal vs FC Zurich match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).