H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Manchester City vs Fulham: Manchester City hosts Fulham in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon as they look to extend their winning streak at the Etihad Stadium to 15 games overall.
The Cottagers are in fine form in seventh place, five points behind the top four, while the Citizens are now second in the rankings and two points behind champions Arsenal.
About the match
Manchester City vs Fulham
The English Premier League
Date: Saturday, November 05, 2022
Kick-off at 16:00 UK/ 17:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium (Manchester, England)
In the Premier League rankings, Fulham is currently in seventh place and has regularly performed above expectations thus far. The Cottagers must step it up this week after being held to a 0-0 draw by Everton in their previous match.
On the other side, Manchester City has been in excellent form this year and is now in second position in the league table. Last week, the home team narrowly defeated Leicester City 1-0, so they have something to prove in this matchup.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Manchester City vs Fulham- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- In the 70 games played between the two teams, Manchester City has a strong record and has won 37 of them, compared to 17 wins for Fulham.
- In their last 14 Premier League encounters, Manchester City has gone undefeated and won 11 of them games against Fulham.
- The last time Fulham defeated Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium, it was in 2009. Fulham has won three of their last four meetings.
- The only teams with longer active winning streaks than Manchester City’s 12 games versus Fulham in all competitions are Watford and West Bromwich Albion.
- Only two of Fulham’s 11 away Premier League contests have resulted in victories over the league’s current champions, but they did triumph in their previous contest with Liverpool in March 2021.
- Manchester City has scored at least three goals in each of its past 10 home victories in the Premier League.
Although neither Kyle Walker nor Kalvin Phillips are anticipated to be required to play this weekend for their clubs, Guardiola was optimistic that they will be ready when Gareth Southgate picks his England selection.
Erling Haaland‘s availability for City’s midweek Champions League quarterfinal against Sevilla was not jeopardized while he heals from foot ligament surgery. Guardiola said, “Hopefully we have him against Fulham,” adding that the league’s leading scorer’s condition is getting better every day.
Bobby Decordova-Reid will serve his ban this weekend after accruing five yellow cards this year, becoming the second Fulham player to do so. Manor Solomon, a long-term injury absence, is expected to join the Jamaican international in the injured list, while Layvin Kurzawa is questionable with a calf strain.
Manchester City possible starting lineup;
Ederson, Tete, Akanji, Ake, Cancelo, De Bruyne, Rodri, Bernardo, Foden, Haaland, Grealish
Fulham possible starting lineup;
Leno, Tete, Diop, Ream, Robinson, Reed, Palhina, James, Pereira, Willian, Mitrovic
Final line ups can be seen live at Premier Leagueofficial site before the match starts.
Manchester City vs Fulham Prediction
Manchester City will be focused on defending their Premier League title and will have a strong roster at their disposal. Erling Haaland’s health is an issue, thus players like Phil Foden and Jack Grealish will have to stand up in this match.
On their best days, Fulham is well capable of pulling off an upset, but in this game they need to play with everything they have. This Saturday, Manchester City has the advantage since they are the superior team.
We say: Manchester City 3-1 Fulham
- Tip 1: Manchester City to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 2.5
Where to watch Manchester City vs Fulham match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).