H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Shakhtar Donetsk vs RB Leipzig: To advance to the knockout rounds of the Champions League, Shakhtar Donetsk must defeat RB Leipzig on Wednesday.
Leipzig would be able to advance to the round of 16. But they would need to win to have any chance of passing Real Madrid for first place in Group F.
About the match
Shakhtar Donetsk vs RB Leipzig
The UEFA Champions League
Date: Wednesday, November 02, 2022
Kick-off at 18:45 UK/ 19:45 CET
Venue: Polish Army Staduim (Warsaw, Poland)
In the Bundesliga rankings, RB Leipzig is now in sixth place. The German has now improved from their tough start to the year. Last week, their 3-2 victory over Real Madrid surprised them, and they’ll want for a similar result in this match.
In comparison, Shakhtar is now in second position in the Ukrainian Premier League standings and has played well at home. The hosts have to raise their game this week after Oleksandriya held them to a disappointing 2-2 draw in their previous match.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs RB Leipzig- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- In the one game between the two teams that has been played, Shakhtar Donetsk has won and has a strong record versus RB Leipzig in Europe.
- The two teams squared off in the rematch in September of this year, with Shakhtar Donetsk winning easily 4-1 in the Red Bull Arena Leipzig.
- In the rematch, Shakhtar Donetsk had just five touches inside RB Leipzig’s penalty area and scored on each of their four efforts on goal.
- In their last six European games, Shakhtar have lost two of those games despite having allowed 22 goals to their German opponents.
- RB Leipzig is just one win away from sealing a spot in the UEFA Champions League knockout rounds for the third time in the last four years.
- In the UEFA Champions League, Shakhtar Donetsk has won just one of their last twelve games, but they did triumph over RB Leipzig in the rematch during this time.
Marian Shved and Viktor Kornienko are still out for Shakhtar because of injuries sustained in midweek. However, Jovicevic seems to have a complete lineup to pick from.
In Saturday’s disappointing draw in Lviv, Lassina Traore, Mykola Matviyenko, and Heorhiy Sudakov all came off the bench. The trio is likely to start on Wednesday.
As of RB Leipzig, Mohamed Simakan, Yussuf Poulsen, Peter Gulacsi, Konrad Laimer, and Lukas Klostermann are not traveling for for the match due to injuries.
Andre Silva and Dani Olmo may have to make do with a position on the bench. In parallel, Rose may choose a more conservative approach than his normal offensive lineup with his team only needing a point to advance to the next round.
Shakhtar Donetsk possible starting lineup;
Trubin, Konoplya, Bondar, Matviyenko, Mykhaylichenko, Bondarenko, Stepanenko, Sudakov, Zubkov, Traore, Mudryk
Nyland, Henrichs, Orban, Gvardiol, Raum, Schlager, Kampl, Haidara, Szoboszlai, Nkunku, Werner
Final line ups can be seen live at UEFA Chamions Leage official site before the match starts.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs RB Leipzig Prediction
Over the past week, RB Leipzig has gained their grip, and they have now scored an impressive 17 goals in their last six games. But the away team has to set up a strong front in this match because they have some defensive problems to fix.
Although trying to pull off an outstanding victory in the opposite match, Shakhtar Donetsk has mostly falling below expectations this month. RB Leipzig is playing better right now and should be able to win this game.
We say: Shakhtar Donetsk 1-3 RB Leipzig
- Tip 1: RB Leipzig to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 3
Where to watch Shakhtar Donetsk vs RB Leipzig match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).