H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Manchester City vs Sevilla: In their final group match against Sevilla on Wednesday, Manchester City can try to maintain their perfect record in Group G of the Champions League.
As group winners, the Citizens have already qualified to the round of 16, while the visitors, who finished third, will advance to the Europa League knockout stages.
About the match
Manchester City vs Sevilla
The UEFA Champions League
Date: Wednesday, November 02, 2022
Kick-off at 21:00 UK/ 22:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium (Manchester, England)
Sevilla is now in 18th place in La Liga and it has falling below expectations this year. The Andalusian side lost to Rayo Vallecano in a humiliating 1-0 setback over the weekend, and they’ll need to win this game.
On the other hand, Manchester City is now in second place in the Premier League standings and has had a strong start. The City Citizens must step it up this week after narrowly defeating Leicester City 1-0 in their previous match.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Manchester City vs Sevilla- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- In the three games between the two teams that have been played thus far in European tournaments, Manchester City has a perfect record against Sevilla and has won all three of those games.
- In their three European matches, Manchester City has scored nine goals against Sevilla, and they comfortably defeated Sevilla 4-0 in the reverse match-up.
- Only Borussia Dortmund has met Sevilla more frequently without giving them a victory in the competition. Sevilla has lost all three of their recent UEFA Champions League games against Manchester City.
- In his 13 games against Sevilla, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has seen his teams score an incredible 33 goals, losing only two of those games.
- Sevilla has lost all seven of their group-stage matches against English teams in the UEFA Champions League. Their last win in a match like this came against Arsenal in 2007.
- Pep Guardiola has led Manchester City to a 26-game home winning streak in the UEFA Champions League, the most of any manager who has overseen at least 20 games in the history of the competition.
Erling Haaland, the striker, isn’t going to participate in this one. Despite the fact that the prolific Norwegian is battling with “ligament damage,” which is not regarded to be crucial, there won’t be any risks made in such a meaningless match.
Cole Palmer, who might have been likely to start until suffering an injury, is currently questionable regarding his fitness. Kyle Walker and Kalvin Phillips are still out as well.
Youssef En-Nesyri, Tanguy Nianzou, and Jesus Corona are all undoubtedly out, and there are concerns regarding Fernando, a former City player who is already unwell in the days leading up to the match.
Manchester City possible starting lineup;
Ortega, Cancelo, Dias, Ake, Gomez, Bernardo, Rodri, Gundogan, Foden, Alvarez, Grealish
Sevilla possible starting lineup;
Dmitrovic, Navas, Gudelj, Marcao, Acuna, Rakitic, Jordan, Januzaj, Isco, Gomez, Mir
Final line ups can be seen live at UEFA Chamions Leage official site before the match starts.
Manchester City vs Sevilla Prediction
Since Allegri’s injury situation is getting worse by the week, Juventus are also in serious difficulties and cannot constantly rely on their superb forward line to save them.
A full-strength PSG can expose a weak Juventus XI to finish first and put the Old Lady in danger of missing out on European football after the World Cup. Despite not having Vlahovic, the hosts can be hopeful about breaching the Parisiens’ leaky backline at a venue where goals have been abundant.
We say: Manchester City 2-0 Sevilla
- Tip 1: Manchester CIty to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 1.5
Where to watch Manchester City vs Sevilla match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).