H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund: Wolfsburg may aim to extend their unbeaten league record to seven games when they host Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the visitors may win their fourth consecutive Bundesliga game to stay within three points of league leaders Bayern Munich.
About the match
Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund
Date: Tuesday, November 08, 2022
Kick-off at 18:30 UK/ 19:30 CET
Venue: Volkswagen Arena (Wolfsburg, Germany)
VfL Wolfsburg in 11th place in the Bundesliga standings. This season, they have been inconsistent. Last week, the home team defeated FSV Mainz with ease, winning 3-0. This time around, they’ll try for a similar outcome.
On the other hand, Borussia Dortmund, who is now in fourth position in the league rankings, has had a good season. Prior to this game, the Ruhr Valley giants crushed VfL Bochum 3-0, so they will be optimistic.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- In the last 34 games played between the two teams, Borussia Dortmund has prevailed in 22 of them, compared to VfL Wolfsburg’s seven victories, for a strong record versus VfL Wolfsburg.
- In recent meetings at the Volkswagen Arena, VfL Wolfsburg has struggled to defeat Borussia Dortmund, and their most recent home victory in the Bundesliga came against an opponent from another team in 2015.
- In the previous campaign, Borussia Dortmund defeated VfL Wolfsburg twice in the league, winning both contests by a combined score of 9-2.
- In contrast to Borussia Dortmund’s current four-game unbeaten Bundesliga record, VfL Wolfsburg is now in outstanding form and has gone seven games without a loss.
- In their last eight Bundesliga games, VfL Wolfsburg has scored at least once, and this week they hope to continue the streak.
- In their last eight games across all competitions against VfL Wolfsburg, Borussia Dortmund has not lost.
Injuries will keep Kevin Paredes, Bartol Franjic, and Max Kruse out of Wolfsburg, but otherwise, Niko Kovac seems to have a complete roster to choose from versus Dortmund.
The team has won their past two games without conceding, so the former Bayern manager is unlikely to make any changes to the starting lineup. Ridle Baku, who has scored in both triumphs, hopes to continue to play right back and provide an attacking outlet.
In contrast, Dortmund will not be bringing Sebastien Haller, Marius Wolf, Mahmoud Dahoud, Mateu Morey, Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, Thomas Meunier, and Tim Rothe, which will limit Terzic‘s flexibility to rotate.
Wolfsburg possible starting lineup;
Casteels, Baku, Bornauw, Van de Ven, Otavio, Wimmer, F. Nmecha, Arnold, Gerhardt, Kaminski, L. Nmecha
Borussia Dortmund possible starting lineup;
Kobel, Sule, Hummels, Schlotterbeck, Guerreiro, Bellingham, Can, Adeyemi, Brandt, Reyna, Moukoko
Final line ups can be seen live at Bundesliga official site before the match starts.
Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction
Tuesday’s matchup between two strong clubs in Lower Saxony is anticipated to be a competitive one.
While Wolfsburg has been scoring goals like crazy lately and should be able to do so again against Dortmund, we anticipate the visitors to come out on top in the end.
We say: Wolfsburg 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
- Tip 1: Borussia Dortmund to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).