H2H, Lineups and Betting Tips
Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona: Barcelona is travelling to the Czech Republic on Tuesday to face Viktoria Plzen in an effort to close off a disappointing Champions League season with a victory.
The Catalan team lost the chance to advance to the competition’s last-16 round by placing third and dropping into the Europa League, while Viktoria Plzen will conclude the group stage in fourth place.
About the match
Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona
The UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, November 01, 2022
Kick-off at 21:00 UK/ 22:00 CET
Venue: Doosan Arena (Plzen, Czech Republic)
Barcelona, now in second position in La Liga, has excelled at home so far this year. In their most recent game, the Catalan giants overcame Valencia by a sharp 1-0 score, and this week, they’ll seek to up the ante.
Viktoria Plzen, on the other hand, is currently in first place and has excelled thus far in the Czech First League. This game needs an effort from the hosts, who over the weekend simply beat Zlin by a score of 3-0.
Here is all the information you require about the game.
Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona- Head to Head and Key Numbers
- Barcelona has a completely excellent record against Victoria Plzen and it has victorious in each of the three meetings between the two teams.
- In three UEFA Champions League games versus Viktoria Plzen, Barcelona have scored an incredible 11 goals while allowing only one goal in total.
- Only twice in their history has Barcelona met Viktoria Plzen away from home in the UEFA Champions League; the first time, Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick for Barcelona.
- Barcelona has won six of the seven times they have faced Czech opponents in the UEFA Champions League, going unbeaten while tallying an astounding 20 goals.
- In nine games played in European competitions against teams from Spain, Viktoria Plzen has only managed one victory and two draws.
- Barcelona qualified for the UEFA Champions League knockout round in 19 straight European campaigns before failing to go past the Round of 16 in the last two campaigns.
Petr Pejsa is going to be out action for Viktoria Plzen on Tuesday due to injury, and Jhon Mosquera may miss the match because of the booking he received against Inter in the competition’s previous round.
Therefore, at least one change needs to be made to the lineup from the San Siro game, with Libor Holik perhaps starting at wing-back.
Fortune Bassey has yet to score for his Czech team this season in either the league or the Champions League group stage, the 24-year-old did score twice in the European Cup qualification rounds, and he should once again lead the line here.
While Memphis Depay and Andreas Christensen continue to miss significant amounts of time despite making progress in their recoveries from hamstring and ankle injuries, Barcelona will once again be without the services of Ronald Araujo and Sergi Roberto on Tuesday due to injury.
The team for Tuesday’s game also does not include Robert Lewandowski. For the game on Tuesday, head coach Xavi is anticipated to change up his lineup, with Marcos Alonso and Gerard Pique perhaps starting as the two central defenders.
Viktoria Plzen possible starting lineup;
Stanek, Hejda, Pernica, Tijani, Havel, Kalvach, Bucha, Holik, Jirka, Bassey, Vlkanova
Barcelona possible starting lineup;
Ter Stegen, Bellerin, Pique, Alonso, Balde, Gavi, Kessie, Pedri, Raphinha, Torres, Fati
Before the game, you may view the final lineups live on the UEFA Champions League website.
Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona Prediction
Barcelona is struggling in the Champions League group stage this year. But the visitors should be more stronger than their opponents in this match. Viktoria Plzen has really let up 20 goals in their first five games. Altough with the poor result from Plzen, we only predict two goals for Tuesday’s match.
We say: Viktoria Plzen 0-2 Barcelona
- Tip 1: Barcelona to Win
- Tip 2: Goals: Over 2
Where to watch Viktoria Plzen vs Barcelona match?
Those living in Nepal or somewhere can watch the match live on 1xbet’s official website (www.1xbet.com).